Racehorse Syndicate Agreement

The above information does not constitute legal advice. When a union is created, the services of a lawyer should be sought. “Best practices” stipulate that the syndicate is responsible for recovering HMRC`s VAT refund and its treatment as union income, as is the distribution of prize money during or at the end of the union period. All revenues must be duly accounted for and deposited into each union`s account. If so, you can register a specific VAT union through the BHA `Weatherbys Ltd` representative by submitting a D2 form. Click here to access the form. The treatment of VAT should be treated with the utmost seriousness. The entire racing industry holds a significant share of the HMRC concession, which allows unions (normally 5% or more) to recover the VAT they paid in the acquisition and maintenance process on the one hand. This 20% refund can be a significant amount. What is a union? A union member shares ownership of the horse with others in the party. You should always talk in detail with the race club or union organizers in order to get more information and the financial commitment associated with it before registering.

Always make sure you have a written agreement. One of the main goals of the site is to show at what affordable and affordable price racehorse can be possession, with visitors able to look for membership options as little as $100 and with over 60 unions and racing clubs from all over the UK to choose from. Each owner is able to create their own online profiles and be listed for free on the site. In order to help people in trade unions, the ROA has introduced a number of presentation agreements. These are available in the members` section in the form of versions of Word documents that can be edited by the templates, which can then be adapted to the requirements of a union. They are published here as MDPs for informational purposes. The model below is only an approximate guide/example and refers to an agreement in which the Syndicate purchased a racehorse speculatively prior to the formation of a union and now proposes shares identical to the sale. RSACA recommends that all trustees seek legal advice when preparing a contractual agreement and a series of terms and conditions.

Once a union has paid you for an action, good business practice requires you to issue a share receipt or certificate. If z.B. the shares are sold at 5% and your union buys the fourth share available out of the 20 that are sold, the action number must be clearly marked as 4/20. This helps the Union to see that the union was sold in accordance with the offer and that the current costs correctly reflect the corresponding share. For example, The 4/20 shareholder would not expect to pay for just over 5% of the costs and the numbering of the shares allows him to quickly see that he pays his fair share and does not subsidize the other shareholders.